His relationship with his partner has ended 3 months ago.

I take it you have been through the court system and the father currently has residency of your child/children.

The problem with regards to both mums and dad is that once a child is settled with a resident-parent, unless absolutely necessary the courts will be reluctant to move the child to the other parent as it considers stability and consistency important for your child's development.

We now need to go to the local [Family Proceedings Court / County Court / Principal Registry of the Family Division] together, so that our signatures can be witnessed by an authorised member of court staff and the agreement can become effective.

As [child name] mother, you will need to bring along [his/her] full birth certificate to prove that you are her mother.

It's a great resource where you can ask for advice on topics including Child Access, Maintenance, CAFCASS, Fathers Rights, Court, Behaviour or simply to have a chat with other dads.

I'm contacting you on behalf of my son who is now at the end of his tether.

This letter to your child's mother explains your reasons for wanting a PR agreement and also explains what is required to put one in place.[Father's Address][Mother's Address][Date]Dear [Mother's name], Re: Parental Responsibility I am writing regarding my role as [child name] father.[Child name] welfare is extremely important to me, and I want to play an active part in the decision making throughout [his/her] upbringing.

I want to be equally responsible with yourself for matters such as raising [child name] in a safe and secure environment, making decisions about [his/her] education, and participating in decisions about any medical issues that may arise in the future.

As French with no driving license at the time and working 55 miles away I moved closer to work.

She asked me to get my own Flat and car so I could see my son each weekend for a day, and have him over everyso often. I now have a better place and he came over twice and loved it so much, until I lost my job 3 month ago and cannot afford paying for my car, but she did try convince me to sell it on the basis she would bring my son over sometimes.

The agreement will take effect when it is recorded at the court in London.[I have enclosed the information leaflet I picked up from the local court for your information and record.]I look forward to hearing from you shortly, so that we might go to court to have our signatures witnessed and the parental responsibility agreement can take effect.[I would also note that if you do not agree to us entering into a parental responsibility agreement, I plan to make an application to the court for a Parental Responsibility Order, which I am fully entitled to do as [child name] parent.